This week in Pop City's Eat + Drink roundup:
- Nicky's Thai Kitchen, the popular Allegheny West Thai restaurant, will be opening a new location downtown, at the corner of Penn Avenue and 9th Street. Sinful Sweets by Christopher George is also planned to open in the adjacent storefront at 901 Penn Avenue.
- The Strip District’s Bar Marco has announced it will team up with Chef Justin Severino, of Cure, every Monday for charcuterie, cheese, and cocktail pairings. The weekly events will be menu-free, with custom-made cocktails built for guests based on personal preferences. Cocktails, with small charcuterie and cheese tastings, will be $10. Bar Marco, 2216 Penn Avenue. 412-471-1900.
- Stone Neapolitan Pizzeria at River Vue is now open. The restaurant features an Italian imported wood-burning oven and promises a 90 second cooking time. Located in the ground floor of the recently opened RiverVue apartments, the pizzeria is across the street from downtown’s Point State Park. Also on the menu are house-made mozzarella, Italian sodas, draft and bottled beer, as well as made-to-order salads and sandwiches. 300 Liberty Avenue, Suite 100. 412-904-4531.
- Yogli Mogli, a franchise of the national chain, opened recently on Washington Road in Mt Lebanon. The eatery is a self-serve yogurt shop that features classic flavors with unique parings such as blueberry acai, and pomegranate raspberry tart. Toppings range from mango, lychee, and peaches, to cookie dough, walnuts, and granola. 695 Washington Road, Mount Lebanon. 412-207-2291.
- Mrs. Jean’s Southern Cuisine has moved to a new location at Hosanna House, 807 Wallace Ave., Wilkinsburg. The restaurant also recently finished taping an episode for Chef Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares
- The South Side’s Carson Street Deli has reopened after closing briefly for renovations to the sandwich shop and craft beer store. In addition to bottled beers from local breweries and specialty imports, Carson Street Deli now features 20 taps. The deli hosts weekly beer samplings Wednesdays, from 6 to 8 p.m. 1507 E. Carson Street. 412-381-5335.
Writer: Andrew Moore